Join RefuSHE in Standing #WithRefugees for World Refugee Day 2018!
June 20th is World Refugee Day. A special day when people all over the world honor the courage, strength, and determination of women, men, and children who are forced to flee their homeland under threat of persecution, conflict, and violence.
Join RefuSHE in showing that you stand #WithRefugees this World Refugee Day! Post on social media and share our work, or take it step farther by starting a fundraiser on Facebook.
All of your efforts will contribute to our goal of raising $25,000 to fully fund 10 young women to participate in RefuSHE's Girls' Empowerment Project for one year. They will attend classes and vocational training, receive counseling, medical and legal aid, psychosocial support, and much more. A generous RefuSHE supporter has pledged to match, dollar for dollar, all gifts made until June 20th, up to $25,000! All donations can go twice as far to support the young women and girls we serve!
Help us fulfill the matching gift fund and reach our goal of raising $25,000 this World Refugee Day! We recommend that you run your campaign until June 20th. Get started by following these simple steps!
- Visit RefuSHE's Facebook page
- Click "Fundraisers" in the navigation on the left side of the page.
- Press the "+ Raise Money" button on the right side of the page.
- Set your fundraising goal. Suggestion: $300 USD.
- Title your fundraiser. Suggestion: "[Your Name] Stands with RefuSHE for World Refugee Day"
- Share why you are fundraising. Suggestion: Share with your friends and family why you are passionate about RefuSHE's work. Include an explanation of World Refugee Day as a day to commemorate the strength, courage, and perseverance of millions of refugees
- Include text on the matching gift fund. Suggestion: “To celebrate this year’s World Refugee Day, a generous RefuSHE supporter is matching gifts dollar for dollar up to $25,000! Double your impact and donate $X by June 20th to help young women and girl refugees!”
- Pick any cover photo from our page.
- Start fundraising! Share with your network and be sure to invite your friends and family to contribute.
From June 10-20th, be a social media advocate for World Refugee Day and RefuSHE. Engage your social media networks to help raise awareness and build the movement in support of refugee girls.
- On June 20th, join me in celebrating RefuSHE girls and their identities beyond their refugee status for World Refugee Day. From now until June 20th, every dollar donated to RefuSHE will be matched up to $25,000. Double your impact and together we can empower refugee girls and women to reach their potential. #WeAreRefuSHE
- June 20th is World Refugee Day! From now until June 20th, every dollar donated to RefuSHE will be matched up to $25,000. Become a RefuSHE supporter today and your gift will go twice as far to empower refugee girls and women. #WeAreRefuSHE
- Today is World Refugee Day! As a RefuSHE supporter, I am proud to celebrate girls as more than their refugee status–they are peer educators, students, entrepreneurs, mothers, friends, and agents of change for a brighter tomorrow. Every dollar donated today to RefuSHE will be matched up to $25,000. Stand with me and #WithRefugees today & every day. #WeAreRefuSHE
You can find images to post here.
Don't forget to follow RefuSHE and share our posts:
Have questions on how to get involved? Email us at takeaction@refuSHE.org!